I think there is no better feeling than driving home on a Friday afternoon when the weather is gorgeous and you have the whole weekend ahead of you. We have had some really nice weather this week, like lows in the 60s and highs in the 80s. Its a nice break from the 100+ heat indexes we were having! We watched the Chiefs pre-season game on Friday night, well part of it, and then gave up because they are still terrible and went to get TCBY instead. I got to spend Saturday morning with all my jewelry friends at Rhinestone Round-Up and then last night we went to a fundraiser that Josh's mom was doing for the housing authority. It was on the roof of a cute Mexican restaurant and it was absolutely gorgeous outside. I wish I would have taken some pictures. Josh was bidding on a Bill Self autographed basketball (KU's basketball coach for all you non-Jayhawk fans) but he was outbid at the last minute and was very bummed out. I think the free drinks might have made up for it though! I will say it was one of those nights when I really miss being able to drink! Today I get to go to the first rehearsal for the American Girl Fashion show. I'm on the committee as part of Junior League and I'm going to be in charge of the 5 and 6 year olds at the rehearsals. Wish me luck!
Since I have no pics from this weekend I'll back up all the way to New Year's so you have something to look at! Josh's parents took us and Jake to a resort at the Lake of the Ozarks for a party and we had so much fun! I loved getting all dressed up and dancing in the New Year. I have a feeling this coming New Year's will be a little more tame...
![]() |
| At midnight....I think we might have been a little drunk. |
![]() |
| We brought our Christmas pj's so Melinda could take a picture. |








No comments:
Post a Comment