Voting
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 8, 2011

We're ready...almost...we think.

Hey there! I hope everyone had a great Christmas, we certainly did! Now that its over and 2011 is here we've been trying to finish everything up before the little guy makes his appearance. Its amazing how once you think you've down all your projects, etc. something else pops up.  So I've decided that while not everything is done and ready, we're close enough that he can come whenever he wants.  Although we may want to install the carseat!

I figure now is a great time to reflect back on the last 38 weeks.  Really its been great and I can't complain too much.  In fact, I think I'm going to miss being pregnant.  I had virtually no morning sickness, my blood pressure has been great and so far (knock on wood) I'm stretch mark free!  My biggest issues have been acne, which hit its worst in the second trimester, ligament pain and most recently insomnia.  Insomnia coupled with Josh being on home call for cardiothoracic surgery is not good.  I'll finally get to sleep and his pager will go off.  Then I'll be up for the next half hour to an hour with my mind racing.  Its probably good practice for the little amount of sleep I'll be getting here soon!  Oh, and weight gain....I've done pretty good I think.  Last week I was up a total of 19 pounds, however I must be retaining water or something because my scale at home shows I gained 5 pounds in this last week and I just don't think thats right :)

Yesterday I went in for another sonogram because I was measuring only 34 weeks at my 38 week appointment and my doctor wanted to check it out.  Well not only is he not behind schedule, he's ahead!  The sonogram had him measuring 38 weeks 4 days and estimated him at a whopping 7 pounds 13 ounces.  Now of course the estimate can be off but I sure hope he's comes soon before he gets much bigger!

Here's some more Christmas pics. We got a new SLR camera for Christmas that I am so excited to use to take pictures of the baby and share with you!

Our four-legged babies on Christmas morning.



37 weeks...sorry I haven't downloaded the 38 week photo off the camera yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment