Voting
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

He's Here!

Colton David joined our little family on January 19th at 11:03 p.m.  He is absolutely perfect! I think I got paid back for my easy pregnancy with a very long labor and delivery.  I started with contractions at 4 am on Tuesday morning and eventually we went to the hospital Tuesday night when they were around 5 minutes apart.  Unfortunately I was still only dilated to a 1 so they sent me home where I got zero sleep from the contractions, but it was nice to be at home.  Around noon on Wednesday my contractions were about 2-3 minutes apart and very painful so we headed back in and thankfully I was a 4! Colton was OP, or sunny side up, so I was having the worst back labor.  I wouldn't wish back labor on anyone!  They said I could go ahead and get my epidural then and I was ALL for it.  Getting the epidural was not bad at all, well the first time.  I was in such pain afterwards that my nurse finally insisted that anesthesia come back.  Well, it had fallen out and in the meantime I had gone from a 4 to an 8 without pain meds...I would not recommend this.  Getting the epidural the second time was unbearable.  The pain was so bad and trying to stay still was almost impossible.  I'm pretty sure I cut off the blood flow in Josh's arm.  I also snapped at him and the nurse apologized for me, whoops! After that ordeal it was just a little longer until he was ready to be born!  So I pushed, and pushed, for about 4 hours.  His little, I mean huge, head was stuck.  Josh said he was amazed I didn't pass out.  But now that all is said and done I can look back and know it was all worth it to have this precious little guy.  Its amazing how you learn to adjust to life that revolves completely around someone else and be totally ok with it!  We couldn't be happier!! So that's the story of how he arrived. More pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment