So yes, I'll admit, I've completely blown off updating this page. It's true that when I have time to sit down and update there are probably ten other things that I could/should also be doing and I've put this at the bottom of the list. Such is the life of a working mom, or any mom. Do you know what happens to the items at the bottom of the list? They don't get done. I had every intention of posting something on here like, "goodbye, I have no time, etc.," but then it hit me. Two things coincided that made me realize just how important it was to keep up on writing here. First, Lindsay and Ben had their beautiful baby girl, Lainey, and since Honolulu is SO FAR away I've been dying for pictures, updates, anything to feel like I'm still connected. Oh wait, I'm terrible at keeping those same friends updated. I also clicked on a random blog Sunday where the mom was giving her son's four month stats. And not just height and weight, but all the good stuff like the new things he does, is interested in, and so on. I then realized that I have no record of the last four months. Well, I have the baby book, but nothing that I've really expanded on. I felt like a horrible mom and am now starting to understand why this blog shouldn't be at the bottom of my list. At least not everyday!
I'm not on our laptop with all the photos on it so I've got no pictures today. Colton will be four months on Thursday so I'm planning (yep on the list) a post for it. I am pretty sure it will get done too because Josh is on vacation this week, which means I don't feel like I'm running a marathon every night from the time I pick Colton up until I go to bed. Oh, and speaking of running, I signed up for a 5k on June 4th so I've now added running to my list. Its ok, I figure I'll sleep in a few years :)
Father’s Day
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment